Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Lie

The Lie. The lie that is cross cultural, cross language, cross age groups, but resides in the hearts of mothers everywhere. This is the lie Satan uses to distract, destroy, and demean. 

As I sat in a large group of women across the world we began to confess. The number one thing that we all felt burdened with guilt from was, "I am not doing enough." The first time the words were spoken was from a mother who came to the capital for one year to obtain language and would then go to the remote places of the country with her three young boys. While they were all studying Arabic, she was also homeschooling them and visiting her neighbors on a regular basis, helping out at a local "gathering," and...the list kept going. I so admire her, but the lie still crept in..."I am not doing enough. My life here for Him is not counting for anything." As more and more of us spoke, it was the same underlying lie. Basically, at it's root, "I am not enough."

So whenever that lie perks it's nasty head, remember, that life is full of seasons. And each season looks different. This was the best advice I got when I first moved here. I was told that some seasons all I will be able to do is take care of my kids, other seasons I will branch out to neighbors, others with organizations, and then it might rotate back.

If we are following His leading and His purpose and sharing who He is with others, then we are enough....in Christ. Let us not forget that last part because without Him we are nothing and through Him all things are possible.

1 comment:

  1. I so admire you two. I will try to remember your words. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete