Saturday, March 23, 2013

Godparents

Godparents. An idea that I had never thought of until I had children of my own. We were pregnant with Daphne, and flooded with all the thoughts of joy, excitement, unknown, absolute terror, and so many other things of bringing a child into the world. You think about your life so far, what decisions you made, what you needed, and we thought about godparents. I never had any specifically, but I had people in my life to walk with me alongside my parents. I have great parents, but I think it is important to have people you (as parents) trust that your kids can go to in a time of need as well. 

We asked our dearest friends, Christian and Stephanie Koeshall. These two people are godly, wise, kind, realistic, loving, share a similar life, and are the absolute best people we know. Our kids can go to them with everything and anything and we know they will give sound, Godly advice. 

What I want most is for my children to be zealous for Jesus, to follow Him always, obey Him always, and share who He is with others always. 


Words will never be able to explain what Chris and Steph are to us and our family. 

Thank you for raising these kids with us. Thank you for loving Daphne, Ava, Henry and Fiona. Thank you for your prayers, friendship, love, advice, generosity and willingness to live life alongside of us. 

We love you.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment